Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bang!

A transformer blew out with a loud report, leaving my block with a brown-out. At first I didn't realize there was a problem; I just reset a breaker and restarted my computer. But repeated attempts to connect to the 'net failed with modem problems. Eventually I noticed the lights were flickering, so I promptly shut down all computers... I once lost an expensive copier due to a brown-out.

About an hour later, the Kilowatt is Reddy again, and I'm back on the net. Some problems never really go away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)