Saturday, April 12, 2014

Jonathan Schell (1943—2014)

Schell speaks to Occupy, 2012
One of the most inspiring journalists/book authors on international affairs and peace has died. He died late last month and I somehow missed it. Jonathan Schell deserves this memorial by Tom Engelhardt, vastly better than anything I could hastily post.

When I was a young man, possibly 35 years ago, Schell influenced many of my own emerging views. My thanks to former colleague and now blogger Anne Buchanan for introducing me to Schell's work all those years ago.

(H/T Michael Moore for directing me to Engelhardt's obituary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)