Monday, June 28, 2010

Exterior Decoration

 
TPM quotes from the Kagan confirmation hearing:
...

Ranking member Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) criticized Kagan for having "associated herself with well-known activist judges who have used their power to redefine the meaning of our constitution and have the result of advancing that judge's preferred social policies," citing Marshall as his son, Thurgood Marshall Jr., sat in the audience of the Judiciary Committee hearings.

In an example of how much the GOP focused on Marshall, his name came up 35 times. President Obama's name was mentioned just 14 times today.

Sessions said Kagan's reverence for Marshall "tells us much about the nominee," and he meant that more as an indictment than a compliment.

Kagan has said Marshall, who served as the lead attorney in the Brown v. Board of Education case leading to the desegregation of schools, is one of her heroes. ...
...
I believe there are some blatantly racist GOPers who need to spend some time having their faces rearranged. Would anybody care to join me for a couple of Sessions of nose redecoration?

3 comments:

  1. Now, now violence never solved anything. I do think maybe a strategically placed door might be of some aid however. Sessions is a racist shit regardless of how he pretends otherwise. He really does need an attitude adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, bless his heart, can't help being dumber than a post. He comes by it as a matter of nature and nurture. The fact that his family would name him "Jefferson Beauregard" tells you all you need to know.

    He was refused confirmation as a Federal District judge by a Republican Senate because of his "views".

    As I have been known to say, the Alabama state flag represents the signatures of its founders. [I live next door, so I'm entitled to say that. You should hear what they say about the Panhandle.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have been known to say (to a first approximation):

    For Jefferson Beauregard
    I have got neauregard.

    There is no greater slime in the US Senate than Sessions. If he fell on his face and smashed his nose, I would offer no sympathy. Sorry; some people not only do not deserve sympathy... some people deserve the worst that happens to them.

    Does violence ever solve anything? Well, there are events like the American Revolution, which solve some things and worsen others. I do not think it is an easy question, or one that can be settled once and for all in all circumstances.

    In colonial times, I would surely have been a revolutionary. And today, it is probably best that I not come face-to-face with Sessions or Kyl, or with GeeDubya Bush or Dick Cheney: I do not need my neuropathy-afflicted hands for musical performance nearly as often as I used to, and I admit I'd be tempted to use them... damage them... in some other cause.

    ReplyDelete

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)