Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans' Day; Sick Day

I had hoped to write a suitable Veterans' Day post... pics of my dad and my uncle, sentiments about war and peace, etc. ... but my body has other ideas. After a phone call to my doc, I spent the night alternating aspirin and ibuprofen to break a moderately high fever. At some point I fell asleep without setting my timer, but by then the fever was already gone, and it was still (again?) gone when I awoke this morning. Holiday or no, my doc has agreed to see me this morning, to see what we need to do about this. It may be nothing more than the cold Stella had last week. Or it may be an infected foot. Either way, it's out of bed and off to the doc.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. And thanks, today and every day, to the women and men of America's armed forces. Don't let my brevity this morning fool you: I know we owe them a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)