Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eric Cantor: Kill Social Security

Cantor, quoted by Blue Texan at FDL:

50% of beneficiaries under the Social Security program use those moneys as their sole source of income. So we’ve got to protect today’s seniors. But for the rest of us? Listen, we’re going to have to come to grips with the fact that these programs cannot exist if we want America to be what we want America to be.

 I do not know exactly who that "we" means. And I do not know what Cantor "want[s] America to be," though I can make a pretty good guess. But if he goes after Social Security, I will fight him with every ounce of strength left in my aging body. Enough is enough. I didn't pay the payroll tax all those years so the Masters of Wall Street could own another yacht. Fuck 'em if they think they're going to steal my retirement from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)