Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Choosing Amputation

Please read this well-written and very informative AP story (now there's something you don't see every day) on TPM about Heather Abbott, a woman who lost her left foot as a result of irreparable damage from one of the explosions in Boston. She seems very courageous to me. Though I had no traumatic incident... an infection led to the amputation of my already deformed foot... much of what she describes seems familiar to me; our decision processes were similar. With Mrs. Abbott's clear thinking and positive outlook, I expect to read another story about her return to reasonable health in, say, four months or so. And when I do, I shall stand up and applaud. Courage, Mrs. Abbott; courage and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)