Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bread

An old friend lent me her bread-making machine. My first effort was a whole wheat honey loaf; it turned out quite decently (it's hard to miss with one of these machines). But I never knew how noisy they are! This one is by Cuisinart, and has the look that belongs in a commercial kitchen. It's old enough to have a display that... rather, I'm old enough to have eyes that can barely read the display. Let me see now... how long will it take me to go through all 100 recipes in the booklet that came with the machine, plus what looks like another 500 in a separate cookbook...

2 comments:

  1. Can you get sourdough starter in Texas? I just ate some whole wheat sourdough toast this morning. I know it's a California thing, but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mandt, I'm sure you can. Most serious bakers I've known have their own, though it's doubtless an offshoot of something from California. I love sourdough bread!

    ReplyDelete

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)