Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Most Serious Obstacle To Health Care Reform - UPDATED

I watched about a half hour of the President's meeting on healthcare reform, and came to realize both the seriousness and the depth of the primary obstacle facing its accomplishment:

REPUBLICANS ARE ASSHOLES!

Yes, for the most part, it IS that simple: people who show all the sympathy and sensitivity to the problems of real working Americans that, say, a drill sergeant shows toward raw recruits are forced to pretend for a few hours that they actually give a damn about someone not in their contributor list. It must be a terrible strain for them.

After a half hour watching that farce, I am more persuaded than ever that nothing good can come of this process.

UPDATE:  No, I didn't watch all of it. I could barely stand to watch any of it. But Jason Rosenbaum's excellent summaries persuade me I was regrettably right: Republicans see this entirely and only in political terms, and the healthcare circumstances of ordinary Americans do not matter one good damn to them. Shame!

4 comments:

  1. I think, while accurate, your statement is incomplete. You should add that Democrats are doing their best to devolve into the same low state of being/

    ReplyDelete
  2. By no means am I defending the Democratic Party or this particular healthcare bill, Fallenmonk. I am just summarizing a behavior I've seen before in groups of Republicans who seem to me to lack empathy altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with FM to this extent: Assholes of and by themselves are marvelous feats of organic engineering. However, what passes through them, known as post- organic or shit in the venacular, is more appropriately 'Republican' in nature. It would be an insult to consider such marvelous engineering with the mere waste it processes.

    ReplyDelete

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)