Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hints Of Higgs?

Maybe. The LHC data is there, from 2011 and 2012, but waiting for results to be assessed and a determination made is going to take a while. It's possible, though, that there will be an announcement at a conference on July 4... ironic, since America decided not to be a player in this game by not building the Superconducting Super Collider.

In fairness, I got the news from Carl Franzen of TPM, but the best explanation (for my amateur's purposes) that I have found online is by Prof. Matt Strassler at Rutgers.

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating! I particularly chuckled at this comment: "Pursed-lip tut-tutting about proper processes and the sanctity of Phys Rev B does nothing for anybody." Go data wars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fellow does seem to have a sense of humor, doesn't he! I've blogrolled his site, and I suspect I'll read some of those series of articles he's writing primarily for consumption by nonscientist amateurs.

    ReplyDelete

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)