Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Days Of Wine And Charoses

A Jewish friend was kind enough to invite us to his Passover Seder. I have attended one before, probably 30 years ago, but I had forgotten almost everything. The ritual was fascinating, the story told was indeed one to be remembered, and the food... well, sad to say, while the food was wonderful at the time, this morning, the food is disagreeing with me. I don't know if it was the unfamiliarity of the spices or the sheer quantity I ate, but I'm not feeling well this morning. Blogging should resume by sometime this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Darn. Spoonful of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it? Helps neutralize the spices and calms the stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ellroon. By early afternoon, and after perhaps three Tums over the course of the morning, I was feeling much better.

    Perhaps the problem is that I actually LIKE horseradish prepared to the point of warming your scalp when you take a bite...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and under ordinary circumstances I would never drink sweet wine, but of course it suits the ceremony. I know, I know... you can lead a Manischewitz but you can't make him drink... but I'll do it for the sake of the ritual.

    (Ordinarily I do a pretty good job of keeping your California vintners in business. Even the low-priced cab's and merlots are pretty good. Stella is the only one in the family who prefers sweet wine, though I don't believe either of us have asked the kitties if they'd like some...)

    ReplyDelete

USING THIS PAGE TO LEAVE A COMMENT

• Click here to view existing comments.
• Or enter your new rhyme or reason
in the new comment box here.
• Or click the first Reply link below an existing
comment or reply and type in the
new reply box provided.
• Scrolling manually up and down the page
is also OK.

Static Pages (About, Quotes, etc.)

No Police Like H•lmes



(removed)